Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The week - reflected

Life has been pretty busy since the last time I posted and yet I could n't think of anything worth mentioning in my post . So I'm just gonna list down some of the things that happened through out this week and the last

1- We discovered a traditional Sindhi Jhula ( a cot like swing) at Rita's home this weekend. She has a Sindhi background and the jhula was a childhood present from someone in her family. The ones I've seen in pictures are usually more colourful but we did n't mind the appearance as long as we could sit inside and have our pics taken..And I'm sure the number of pics we took and stuff we did on the jhula convinced her family that we were no more than a bunch of jerks all excited over nothing !

2 - Uzma's sister passed her final Chartered Accountancy exam ! And its not just the passing that I consider an achievement for her, but the fact that she did it at a very young age ( early 20's for crying out loud ! ). People spend ages trying to pass the CA exam ( I've seen people trying to pass the exam at 30 ) and she's already a full fledged Chartered Accountant ! She sure is an inspiration for CA students out there !

3 - We had our ward exam last week to test what we had learned in our month long posting in ENT ( Ear, nose and throat ward ) It was a relief to hear the teacher comment that he liked my history taking skills, especially since all those I know had remarked that he was a difficult examiner to please !

4 - Shirin is presently suffering from 'GSS' ...Guilty shopper syndrome ! She spent her entire pocket money and a bit of her savings on stuff that she is regretting having purchased. And , that, I tell you, is not something unexpected from Shirin ! She goes wild about something first, cries and whines to go get it, and once she does , she is filled with remorse of blowing off her money on something that was n't really important in the first place ! ( Passionate she is ! )

5 - I got locked out of the class twice this week . And no it wasn't my fault. I mean seriously ! Our lecture hall for this years classes is on the second floor ! And since our college was architected in the time when the subcontinent was under British rule, those two floors are actually like 5 floors (high ceilings) and it takes ages to walk up the stairs. Imagine the pain when you walk up those looong, tiring stairs , out of breath and stamina, and find out that you've been late and hence locked out !!

6 - The rooster that my neighbor had adopted is no where to be seen ! I 'm guessing they gave it to someone or the poor fella just made his escape ! And the bunnies have turned from adorable to scary ! They aren't the frightened little creatures I thought they were. They stare at me with their huge eyes and dont even stir when I walk past them. I'm the one scurrying away and they are the one's sitting and ogling the scene I put up for them ! Evil bunnies

2 comments:

  1. finally a new post!!!
    great writing...and sadly i too have been locked out of the classroom once...
    UJ

    ReplyDelete