Friday, July 9, 2010

Tabba times

TABBA !!! Yes the Tabba heart Institute has been giving me a good time this summer.There's so much to learn and so much to see, plus we get free lunch coupons everyday ! Now free food can take me anywhere,  anytime, but seriously Tabba is fun. Especially since my friends are there too and I tell you , getting the same summer internship as your friends is pure luck !

We're being posted in each dept for a week. This week I've been able to see Thallium scans, ECHOs etc but the most interesting one was watching an angiography. We had to wear Lead jackets and lead collars to protect our body and our dear old thyroid which keeps us running in a modest manner ( you dont wanna go obese, lethargic and sleepy all the time, do you ?)..The doctors there are co operative too, well not exactly as co operative as I'd want them too but they still make sure we understand whats going on..

The best part of being at Tabba is that the mall is just at a 5 min drive so we easily escape to that delightful zone of sales and sundaes whenever we're free :)...And oh yeah I've some new plans that I'm sure all of you will love. But you'll have to wait for about three more days..Till then ...Allah Hafiz :)

5 comments:

  1. Mall 5 mins away is always a boon

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lars Shalom - Thanks :)

    @ Harini - Oooh yes it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father admit here in 2008 I must say good doctors you have especially the surgeon Mr. Khursheed he did the angioplasty of my father.


    Web Designing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam! Came across this old post of yours while browsing online for any info reg. electives at Tabba (bieng a final year med stud myself).
    Can u please expand on exactly how positive your experience was there? And in your knowledge is it worth it in the grand scheme of things?
    Looking fwd to your guidance.. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete